About Me

My photo
It's not "life's illusions", but "life's infusions" that I recall!

Thursday, July 2, 2009

"Healthy" Finger Jello





Usually I have plenty of help in the kitchen when I'm making food for small children. My sweet granddaughter likes to wear her Aunt Kassidy's apron when we cook.













And after our work, we have time for a little recreation ! This is my grandson's favorite part!


I decided to try a new recipe for "healthy" finger Jello, even though my great helpers were elsewhere.





The ingredients are simple: water, unflavored gelatin, and frozen grape juice. (That's the cookbook in the background..The Taming of the C.A.N.D.Y. Monster
(Continuously Advertised Nutritionally Deficient Yummies) by Vicki Lansky.










In this photo, the finger jello looks like brownies, but it is really a lovely dark purple color, and very sweet.


My boxer, Max, kept begging for a bite...and another bite...and another.




If my grandchildren, won't eat the finger Jello, Max will !









"Healthy" Grape Finger Jello

1 (12 oz.) can frozen grape juice concentrate, thawed
3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
1 1/2 cups water

Soften gelatin in grape juice. Boil the water, add the juice/gelatin mixture and stir till gelatin dissolves. Remove from heat, pour into a lightly greased 9x13-inch pan, cool and then chill. Cut into squares when firm. Refrigerate in a covered container.

Variation: You can use frozen cranberry juice cocktail for grape juice.


Happy Healthy Infusions,

Kate

1 comment:

  1. MmmmMmmm looks good! I'll have to try that! I LOVE Jello Jigglers!

    ReplyDelete