About Me

My photo
It's not "life's illusions", but "life's infusions" that I recall!

Friday, October 9, 2009

NEVERLOST....

I used to call for directions to a shop or restaurant.


Then I began googling to get directions.


But now,  I have a new BFF (Best Friend Forever)....a GPS (Global Positioning System).  The sound of it, Global Positioning System, is incredibly Sci-Fi or maybe Techie.  I'm neither, so I like to say it and imagine that I am somewhere in the universe, and have no fear, because, this Global Positioning System knows the way to my home....wherever home is at the moment .



Hertz_neverlost_copy_


My Sweet Husband rented a car in Virginia with this  NEVERLOST GPS.   I didn't think we needed it, and I wasn't sure it would be reliable, since this was a  rented car.


But he likes the GPS we have in our van.  Truthfully,  the van GPS has saved our bacon several times in Portland, when we consistently miss the "slight left middle lane veer to the right" exit onto the next freeway!  The GPS knows how to get us through downtown Portland...no easy task....and back on the right freeway!


We entered the Williamsburg motel address in the NEVERLOST.  I continued to be mildly skeptical and kept the printed directions out of sight, folded neatly in my purse, just in case this GPS failed.


We had no trouble getting on the freeway from the airport,   but when we got off and started having to find streets and make turns....which we occasionally missed...I was  grateful to hear the words" recalculating route" emanating from the NEVERLOST !



Taste_Tea_Salon


On the day I went by myself for tea and shopping,  hearing   "recalculating route" and "when possible make a legal U turn"  made me feel all warm and fuzzy... cared for, safe and secure.  I knew I would get where I was going.  No matter what mistakes I made, the NEVERLOST gently and continually recalculated my route trying to help me find my way.  It never through up its hands and declared it was "so done" with me because I kept making wrong turns !


Wouldn't it be incredible if we had a LIFE GPS.  We enter our goal and begin our journey.  With the first bad decision, and the next and the next,  the device would  "recalculate our  route".  Modifying our mistakes, the  LIFE GPS would alter our route constantly guiding us toward the intended goal.


Sounds like my relationship with my Lord !  Navigating life is difficult!  I have made many wrong turns and gone down some crazy roads and always, gently and consistently,  I see Him adjust and "recalculate my route".  Not in anger and disgust, only with love and patience, redirecting my mind and heart, and I am NEVERLOST !  Sometimes I'm late to the party, but I get there feeling safe and secure and beloved !


Happy Travels.... and have some tea along the way !


Kate


http://tea4kate.com


http://oregonstreetteacompany.com


http://twitter.com/tea4kate








2 comments: