About Me

My photo
It's not "life's illusions", but "life's infusions" that I recall!

Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Party Isn't Over....

teas_in_tea_room



It's true.  The party isn't over.



We continue to celebrate....January is National Hot Tea Month !!  Yay !!   Those windy, snowy days of winter draw us to hot beverages like children compelled to step in mud puddles.  We love our hot chocolate, hot coffee, and of course, the most healthy choice, hot tea !!


Tea is no longer limited to those old  flavorless paper tea bags.  Our choices are bountiful and delightful.  Tea from around the world is widely available on the internet, and, in bigger cities, tea rooms or tea shops specializing in loose tea offer a tantalizing selection.


This ancient beverage, believed by generations to improve a myriad of body and mental issues, has, in the last decade, been studied, researched and proven to have attributes contributing to enhanced health. (There is a lot of information about tea online, however,  I highly recommend this site http://www.teausa.com/general/teaandhealth/218g.cfm ).


Apart from the scientific studies,   I propose, that the time it takes for preparing, and the wait (infusion)  that is required for tea to be ready to drink, affords us, in our hectic world,  moments of respite.  Instituting  "tea time" releases us from the daily intensity of life and has to contribute to our health.


I have resolved to institute a little change in my tea times for 2010.   I intend to choose one teapot a week  from  my eclectic collection.  I'm starting the New Year with this whimsical  Koi teapot made especially for me by an artist in Southern California.


Koi_fish_teapot



I am  dependent on tea times: mornings, afternoons and evenings.  It's my breathing space.


I encourage you to institute " tea time" in your life, if you haven't already,  as part of your healthy resolutions for this New Year !


Happy Infusions in 2010 !!


Kate


http://tea4kate.com



1 comment:

  1. You definitely need to use your beautiful tea pots. Lovely! :O)

    ReplyDelete